Lately, I’ve really been trying to find the little joys in life. My link up like Happies and Crappies really helps me do that. I think it’s important to focus on the good things in life and really love the life that you’re living.
Things that give me joy:
– Leaving sweet notes for my husband in his lunch and saying “I love you” all throughout the day via phone/text
– Making food for people. There’s something so good about putting a plate of food in front of someone and watching them tell you “It’s so amazing!” It makes me feel good. This is my latest creation- SkinnyTaste pork chops and a green bean/onion mix that I saw on The Chew.
– Snuggling with my little Pearl girl. She may be a brat at times, but dang she’s just so cute!
Also, is it sad that I want Mathew to make my birthday extra huge like Marshall did for Lily on HIMYM? (more on that Wednesday…)
– Wearing sweaters in July. We got a cold front in yesterday with some (ok a lot) of rain. It’s supposed to keep raining all week and have nice, cool weather and honestly I’m loving it. I got to wear a sweater to church yesterday which is TOTALLY unheard of in July in Texas. I mean- I don’t even wear jeans during the summer because it’s THAT hot. I should’ve taken a picture for proof.
– Holding cute babies. I think it’s the fact that we’ve been married a year and a half that makes me enjoy holding cute babies. It makes me wonder what ours might look like some day. It’s a fun thought. However, a not fun thought happened to me yesterday when I went to the store and saw a box of diapers for $45. Um, that’s just wrong. Babies need to stop being so expensive.
– Getting phone calls from my parents. It makes my day whenever my parents call me and I haven’t called them first. I miss them and hate that they’re 5 hours away, but it always makes me happy when I get to talk to them. Most of the time, I hate having to hang up! (This picture is of my sweet mom on Mother’s Day with the present I gave her)