Welcome to our 55th week of Happies and Crappies link up day! H&C wouldn’t have been around for so long if it wasn’t for you awesome ladies linking up, so Amber and I really appreciate you!
1. Happies and Crappies link up is posted EVERY Friday at Midnight CST. Happies and Crappies link up was created so you could write about the happies (good) and crappies (bad) from your week!
2. Please put the H&C button on your post for the link up.
3. Please follow your hosts. It’s not mandatory, but we appreciate the love.
1. I made the CUTEST valentines for my students last night. With all the candy that they’ll be getting today, I didn’t want to add to their huge pile of cavities. I decided to go and buy a huge box of goldfish, some cute valentine cellophane bags, and made these fun tags for my kiddos. I think they came out great! I’ll take a picture of them on their desks today to show y’all on Instagram, but I thought it’d be nice to share my little craft making with you all and give you a freebie printable for your kids! Here’s an example of them (don’t mind my terrible cutting with dull scissors hah!) You can get your FREE Valentine’s Goldfish Printable here or click the preview image for the PDF.
4. I’ve got a special Valentine’s dinner on the menu for tonight. We decided it’d be more cost efficient to eat in this year, especially because we always choose to go somewhere uber fancy, and I took it upon myself to decide the menu since I’ll be cooking. It’ll still be fancy and over the top, but definitely WAY less expensive than if we’d chosen to go out to eat. For our appetizer I’ll be making cheese fondue with cheddar and swiss cheese. To dip I’ll be buying pumpernickel bread and granny smith apples. For the main course I’ll be making steaks, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I’m drooling already for the steaks! As for dessert, I’ll be making a mock recipe of turtle pecan fondue from one of my favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. It’ll be chocolate with caramel and pecans in it. I also decided it’d be fun to buy strawberries, marshmallows, and rice krispy treats to dip in it. I’m really hoping it’ll be as much of a success in person as it is in my head.
5. My parents are coming to visit us this weekend! I’m really excited because we haven’t seen them since New Years and they hardly ever come to town. Last time they came up here it was in the fall, and before then it’d been May when I graduated from college. Although the house isn’t quite in order yet like I wanted it to be (see crappy #1), I know it’ll all come together before they arrive.
1. So much for blogging mojo! I got sick this week and have been down for the count. I even stayed home yesterday to rest and felt even worse. I’m so ready to have the energy to blog for next week! I had to miss work yesterday (and I HATE missing work) because I felt so rotten. I think I’m on the mend, but we’ll see!