Starting a weekend off on a Thursday should be an every week thing. Let me tell you, it’s great.

Mathew and I went out of town to Corpus on Wednesday night for my sister Heather’s senior year dance recital. Since my sister was still having classes all day Wednesday, we spent time with my parents and went shopping and out to eat. I got a cute purse and was able to show my mom the china we picked out from Dillards. I also found a gorgeous set of toasting flutes! I didn’t buy them though but figured I’d come back for them later. We also picked up my mom’s dress for the wedding day (the Mori Lee 270 in purple below) and my sister’s bridesmaid dress and shoes! The bridesmaid dresses are GREAT and it’s the Watermelon y-neck dress below. I can’t believe how beautiful the dresses look on them. My mom even looks prettier than the model that wears it in their catalog! It’s definitely not a typical Mother of the Bride dress, but I didn’t want her to look like an old lady. She deserves to look amazing and the dress was perfect for her.

Anyway, later that night we went to the recital, went out for dinner and ice cream, and then hung out at the house. The recital went well by the way (my sister did GREAT in all 5 of her dances!), and we woke up early to make lunch because Mathew and I planned to leave by noon. After whipping up potato salad, cole slaw, a shrimp and sausage boil, and fried fish (that my dad caught himself!) Thursday early afternoon we had a fish fry at the house and invited my aunt and uncle. When my Aunt Gloria and Uncle Pete stopped by, they brought the cake knife set that they’d given me for Christmas (they kept it to engrave it for us) and we also we given the toasting flutes that I’d been eying from the day before!

It’s a little hard to see the details, but the flutes have two hearts on them (and the silver is SO shiny!) and the knives have one heart on each end of them. The larger knive was engraved to say “Stephanie & Mathew December 3, 2011” with a pretty flourish. I’ll have to take a picture to show you all 😉

After lunch, Mathew and I hit the road back to Waco and about 20 minutes after we were supposed to arrive, my best friend/MOH, Sarah, was coming to visit us! Stay tuned for the next post to see what Sarah and I got accomplished!

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and/or product(s) sent from companies or their PR team for editorial consideration. For more information, please view my disclosure policy.