Mathew and I had a movie date night at home this weekend and I decided to make these Irresistible Peach Cobbler Minis! I found a similar recipe on Pinterest, but really wanted to make them a bit healthier.
I love using Splenda for baking because it doesn’t change the taste and keeps the sweetness without all the calories that regular sugar would. We also use H-E-B’s Mootopia skim milk which adds more protein, but feel free to use whatever milk you have lying around.
We paired our cobbler minis with H-E-B 1905 Vanilla Ice Cream which was AMAZING. There’s something so classic about cobbler and vanilla ice cream.
Mathew and I now have a favorite dessert for summer nights. These were SO easy to make, delicious, filling, and we didn’t have to feel guilty about eating them because…get this…
they’re only 100 calories a pop!
I hope y’all enjoy these as much as we did. When they come out of the oven they won’t look pretty (like this) but let them cool about 10-15 minutes and use a spoon to go around the edges, and they’ll come out as pretty as the picture above.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Splenda
- ½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ stick butter
- 1 can light peach slices
- Preheat oven to 350 and melt butter in a little bowl in the microwave.
- In a muffin/cupcake tin, pour 1 tbsp butter in each tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, and milk with a whisk until incorporated. Make sure you don't over mix!
- Drop 2 tbsp of batter into each tin.
- Open can of peaches and drain juice. Cut slices into chunks. Put 4-5 peach chunks on top of batter.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. Splenda Brown Sugar on top of the peaches.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to top off your Irresistible Peach Cobbler Minis.