Having Addie home has really opened me up to learning about the world as a new mom. Sure, she’s almost a year old, but we’ve only truly been on our own with her for a month and a half now. We have doctor appointments sometimes once a week or even up to 3 or 4 a week. Addie’s specialists are in another nearby town, so many times I have to pack my diaper bags with bottles for her and snacks for myself because I know we’ll be out anywhere from 2-5 hours- usually during lunch time. Having a healthy snack that is filling is really important to keep me going on our appointment days. No one likes a hangry mom, right?
Being a mom on the go isn’t easy, but hopefully these healthy snack ideas will help make your day a little smoother like mine!
1. Plenti Yogurt (it’s gluten-free Greek yogurt with whole grain oats, flax & pumpkin seeds and delicious fruit mixed right in. Plus it has a 1:1 protein to sugar ratio.)
2. Pre-portioned apple slices with almond butter (snag the packs of almond butter that you can grab and go!)
4. 2 Boiled Eggs
5. 1/4 cup Mixed Nuts with Craisins and Unsweetened Coconut (a little goes a long way!)
6. Protein Bar (I have a place in mny heart for Lara bars)
7. Smoothie (grab a strawberry Yoplait Plenti Yogurt, banana, 3 strawberries, and some ice then whiz them in a Magic Bullet cup!)
8. Zucchini Chips
9. Dark Chocolate dipped Clementines
10. Kale Chips (Place kale leaves on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 350 for 7-10 min)
These ideas are easy to make or prep, and can be placed in little bags for you to grab and go. I love putting my snacks in a drawer in my fridge or in a basket in my pantry for easy access. I’m working hard on making sure I have filling snacks that leave me satisfied, and these are definitely some of my top go-to choices. They’re all just so yummy!
I love getting ideas for healthy snack ideas and I’d love if you shared your favorites in the comments! Also, for more snack ideas for the mom on the go, check out my Healthy Snack Drawer post. If you’d like to know more about Yoplait Plenti Yogurt, visit them on Instagram!