While Addie was in the hospital, I was always trying to find more natural ways to support wellness within our family. I made sure I washed my hands so much that my hands got cuts because I was obsessed with staying clean. I bought organic foods and cleansers for our house so we would have the best ingredients for our family and cleansers to keep the house rid of germs. Then? My friend Dory introduced me to Young Living Essential Oils…and I was hooked.
Dory sent me scrubs, roller balls that could assist with all kinds of things like de-stressing or calming, and more. The more I began to use my Young Living Essential Oils, the more I realized that they could truly help not just me, but our whole family. I purchased a Premium Starter Kit, and was able to truly delve into oils. Each day I get more brave with using them for every day problems, and yesterday I was brave enough to cook with them! Sure, I’ve taken oils by mouth before for specific reasons (peppermint, orange, citrus fresh, etc.) and even made drinks with them before, but I hadn’t actually cooked with them.
I decided to whip up some of the BEST Blueberry Muffins with Young Living Lemon Essential Oil so we could have on hand for breakfast time, and let me tell you, they were AMAZING. I loved them so much, that I thought you all would love them, and it might be a good idea to share the recipe. So…here it is!
- 3 cups flour
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 6 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 1¾ cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put muffin liners in either 1 large muffin tin or 2 small muffin tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until it's fluffy. Add your milk, eggs, Young Living Lemon Essential Oil, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to mixer. You will need to begin and end with flour.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in your blueberries. Do not use the mixer for this.
- Divide batter among the muffin tins and bake until light golden. This should take about 45 minutes for larger muffins, or about 30 minutes for smaller muffins.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- Top with a pat of butter and enjoy!
I hope you all truly enjoy these delicious blueberry muffins. They truly are the Best Blueberry Muffins and with the Lemon Essential Oil, you just can’t go wrong!