I’m sharing #Buy2Get2 with this Sweet and Sour Skittles Creamsicles recipe as a part of a Skittles and Dollar General sponsored series for Socialstars.
It’s already April somehow and it’s starting to heat up here in Central Texas. One of my favorite things to do in the summertime is make different kinds of popsicles. When Mathew and I got married we were gifted a Zoku Popsicle Maker and it’s been one of our most used items in the house once Spring and Summer hit! It’s super fast and there are endless possibilities for making popsicles. Sometimes I love making fruit purees for popsicles, other times I get chocolate pudding for pudding pops, but the majority of the time I grab a can of coconut milk and random things from my pantry and make creamsicles because they’re my absolute favorite.
I’m really excited to share with you my Sweet and Sour Skittles® Creamsicles recipe today because it’s super easy and involves Mathew’s favorite candies- Original and Sour Skittles®. They’re sweet, tart, and refreshing on a nice Spring day or even a hot Summer day. These particular Sweet and Sour Skittles® Creamsicles are inspired by the new Marvel Captain America: Civil War movie where Captain America is battling Iron Man. I thought it would be fun to make a red, white, and blue creamsicle with Original Skittles® for Captain America and a red and yellow popsicle with Sour Skittles® for Iron Man.
What made me choose Original Skittles® for Captain America and a red and Sour Skittles® for Iron Man? The Original Skittles® totally scream Americana to me, so it’s only right that they’d be team Captain America. As for the Sour Skittles®, we all know Iron Man has a bit of a sour side. That’s why Sour Skittles® are the perfect match for team Iron Man! I’ll admit, I’m totally an Iron Man kind of gal, but these Sweet and Sour Skittles® creamsicles have me conflicted!
- Popsicle maker or mold
- Original Skittles®
- Sour Skittles®
- Lemon-Lime Soda
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- In a spouted glass, pour ⅛ cup of red Original Skittles® and top off with 8 oz Lemon-Lime soda. Repeat with yellow Sour Skittles® in another glass and red Sour Skittles® in a third glass.
- Open can of Unsweetened Coconut Milk and whisk vigorously so the fat and milk combine. Pour half into a spouted glass. Add 2-4 drops of blue food coloring to one of the glasses and whisk vigorously until combine.
- For red, white, and blue creamsicles fill the popsicle mold ⅓ of the way with red Skittles® and Lemon-Lime soda mixture. Let set.
- Add coconut milk to the next ⅓ of the popsicle mold and let set.
- Add blue coconut milk with purple Original Skittles® and let set.
- Pop Skittles Creamsicles out of the popsicle mold when completely set and enjoy!
- For the red and yellow popsicles, fill the popsicle mold ½ of the way with red Sour Skittles® and Lemon-Lime soda mixture. Let set and repeat with Yellow Sour Skittles® and Lemon-Lime soda mixture. Let set.
I’m looking forward to having a date night within the next few weeks with Mathew (you know, once our lives settle down from Addie’s crazy hospital stay) and we’re definitely ones for action movies. Captain America: Civil War is on our “to see” list and I can’t wait! I’ve heard great reviews from other bloggers that went to the screening of it and it is looking like it will be a blockbuster hit!
Right now Wrigley’s has a national promotion where if you buy 5 participating products you get $10 Fandango movie cash to see Captain America: Civil War. How awesome is that? Plus, enjoy savings on Skittles® so you can make your own Sweet and Sour Skittles Creamsicles with Dollar General’s free digital coupon: Buy One Get One (from 5/5 to 5/15).