If you know me at ALL you’d know that Jessica Simpson is my all time favorite celebrity. She’s inspired me since her first album and any chance that I know she’s on tv, I make sure to record it. About 5 or 6 years ago Jessica Simpson appeared on Rachael Ray and debuted one of her family recipes:
Chicken Dumpling Casserole.
Being the fan that I am, I figured I’d try and make it. It was such a hit at my house that I actually made it when I spent the night at a friend’s house. My friend suggested we add vegetables, and then my love for this dish REALLY began. Mix Jessica Simpson’s love of all things southern, and my love of all things Jessica Simpson, and we were in business!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cans reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 can big and flaky crescent rolls
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts
- Boil chicken breasts in water until thoroughly cooked. Chop into tiny pieces.
- Open reduced fat crescent roll cans and place chicken inside each triangle. Close up into a ball and place seam side down in a 9x13 pan.
- Mix cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, ¼ cup chicken broth, and ½ package mixed vegetables in a bowl and pour over the dumplings. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour ¼ cup chicken broth on top of soup mixture.
- Open big and flaky crescent roll can and cut into strips. Place strips in a lattice pattern on top of your casserole.
- Cook at 450 for 25-30 minutes until casserole is bubbly with a brown crescent crust.