This post on The Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever was sponsored on behalf of H-E-B. All opinions stated are my own.
You know the old saying, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”? That is the case when it comes to my husband, Mathew. I swear that man married me because of my cooking. I reeled him in in our dating days with my creamy chicken alfredo and my “oatstanding” oatmeal crasin cookies. Over the years, I’ve cooked a lot of delicious desserts, but there’s one thing he loves that is his love language- cookie cakes. I love baking cakes for my family’s birthdays and Mathew would always rather have a cookie cake instead! I never have been one to really enjoy cookie cakes, but this Valentine’s I was determined to make a cookie cake that not only he could enjoy, but that I could take a bite or two of and not want to spit out. So…I went through some of my favorite cookie recipes and am bringing you the Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever!
I’ll tell you, there’s a secret to making the Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever- it’s to not over bake it. I like to err on the side of caution and set my timer for a couple minutes less than I usually would with typical cookies to make sure that it’s not overdone. In combination with my cookie recipe, it makes for seriously THE Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever.
Y’all know I love shopping at H-E-B, and they always have some great deals. I spotted one in particular, and found it was perfect for this recipe! If you buy the Handi-Foil Cook-N-Carry Heart Pans & Lids 2 pk for $3.97, you get 2 Pillsbury Cake Mixes and a Pillsbury Frosting FREE in store with your coupons! Of course, I needed the heart pans and frosting for the Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever, so it was a no brainer to grab my coupons and get some free goodies. If you’re planning on making this, go get yours while they’re available! I also grabbed this cute little dutch bouquet in the floral department of H-E-B to put on my kitchen table. It’s so pretty and festive, and the perfect size for a little pop of color.
- 1 c Butter
- ¾ c Sugar
- 1 c Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 c H-E-B Select Ingredients Baker's Scoop All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 c Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook until butter is light brown in color and smells nutty. Then remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Stir in browned butter.
- Carefully mix in eggs until just combined.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Fold into other bowl until well combined but not over mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into greased Handi-Foil Cook-N-Carry Heart Pan into a nice, even layer.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Start your timer with 10 minutes and add time as needed until you achieve a light brown cookie.
- Cool completely and decorate with frosting and sprinkles.
When I made this for Mathew, you should’ve seen how big his eyes got! He loves cookie cake so much! I used cream cheese frosting to give a little tang and offset some of the sweetness from the cookie. I don’t like desserts to be sickly sweet, and the cream cheese was a perfect pairing. I love making goodies for him and cookie cakes always seem to make him smile. Even better? He proclaimed, “This is the Best Valentine’s Cookie Cake Ever!” and it completely made my day.