The 4th of July is coming up and we are WAY too excited! We’re taking Addie on her very first vacation out of town and are so excited about it! She’s only been out of town once, and it was for a doctor consultation, so we’re really thrilled that she is healthy enough to go on a trip to my hometown to visit my family. I actually haven’t been to my hometown since before Addie was born when I had The Best Pink Baby Shower, so it’s going to be SO good to visit. I wanted to come up with a snack to take for the road on our trip that was fun and screamed “America!”, and I’m so excited about it! This 4th of July Popcorn with Skittles® America Mix is so delicious, you won’t stop eating it.
The 4th of July Popcorn with Skittles® America Mix from Dollar General was SO fun to make, and super easy. In fact, I actually made it while Addie took a nap. Obviously I chose the Special Edition Skittles® America Mix because of the colors, but not only that, but the flavors are so good! The Special Edition Skittles® America Mix features strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, wildberry, and yumberry (the first white, fruity Skittles® candy.) Each flavor is unique and fun, and made the perfect red, white, and blue 4th of July Popcorn.
- 1 bag Special Edition Skittles America Mix
- ¾ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 12 oz Butter
- 3 bags Buttered Popcorn
- Separate your bag of Special Edition Skittles America Mix by colors- Red, White, and Blue. You should have about 1-2 cups of each color.
- Pop your 3 bags of popcorn. Keep in bags.
- Melt 4 oz of butter and ¼ cup light corn syrup with 1 cup of red, white, or blue Special Edition Skittles America Mix flavor and stir constantly until Skittles are melted in a heat proof container in 30 second increments in the microwave. Stir in between until completely melted.
- Pour over 1 bag of popcorn and shake in the bag until well coated.
- Pour the Skittles popcorn onto waxed paper until it has cooled.
- Repeat with next two colors.
I’m pretty sure when I get back from my trip this week that there won’t be any 4th of July Popcorn left because of Mathew, but that’s ok because I have plenty more Special Edition Skittles® America Mix! My husband has a huge sweet tooth and once he finds something he loves, he’s hooked until there’s no more. I might end up making this for our 4th of July barbecue that my dad will be having while we’re visiting, and I suggest you make it for yours too. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe, and you definitely won’t go home with any leftovers!
Right now Skittles® has a national promotion at Dollar General where you can purchase 14 oz Skittles® America Mix flavor at their store right now! How awesome is that? You can enjoy savings on Skittles® and make your very own 4th of July Popcorn with Skittles® from Dollar General.