Happy Sunday everyone! Before I start off this post, just want to let you all know that you may or may not find a giveaway for a Starbucks gift card on the Vintage Modern Wife facebook page. It’s exclusive JUST for myFacebook fans so make sure you check it out!
Anyway, today I’m linking up with one of my bestie bloggers, Neely, for Sunday Social!
This week’s Sunday Social topic is “All About Our Childhoods”. Ready? Go!
1. What do you miss most about being a kid? I think the thing I miss most about being a kid is being so carefree. Kids don’t have to worry about paying the bills or budgeting or going to school all day and then working too. My life was definitely much easier as a kid!
2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it? I think the nickname that sticks out the most to me was given by my family. My family called me “Nikki” because my middle name is Nicole. I’ve converted most of them into calling me Stephanie, but some of my cousins still have trouble not calling me “Nikki”.
3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess? I never have been a sporty kind of girl, but at recess you could usually find me sitting somewhere with a friend and gossiping, or I was playing tetherball. Did any of you play that?
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? I distinctly remember career day in the 5th grade and going to my dentist to ask if he had some things that I could take to school. That’s right- I wanted to be a dentist. I wore a little lab coat, had a mask, and brought teeth cleaning tools to class. I’ve definitely taken a different route by becoming a teacher, but it’s all good!
5. What was your favorite toy? Oh gosh- I loved my Tamagotchi. I’d sneak that thing onto my backpack and play with it in class. Hey, I had to make sure it got fed!
6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about? Hmm, I can’t really think of something funny that I did as a kid. I’m sure there were lots of crazy moments though!