Wow! What a week it’s been! Ever since Addie’s birthday it’s been go, go, go around here! We had 3 doctor appointments last week because I was worried about Addie’s diapers being loose (turns out it was from her birthday cake) and we visited the ENT and Pulmonologist. We found out Addie is going to need ear tubes, so we scheduled an outpatient surgery for her to get that done at the end of the month along with a couple other small procedures that can be done at the same time. We also found out that Addie is doing really well with her vent settings and her doctor would like to wean her off a couple meds when he sees her again at the end of the month. All around it was a crazy week, but it was good, nonetheless. This week, I needed a SUPER FAST hairstyle that would be functional and fun because I did NOT have time to fuss with it. I came up with the bubble ponytail as my hairstyle of choice this week, and I couldn’t believe how fast I could fix my hair so we could run out the door.
We also took Addie to the zoo over the weekend and had a great time despite the heat. Addie was a trooper and we managed to stay 2 hours. Luckily, we have a membership to the zoo, because we didn’t even get to see half of the zoo in that time since it was so hot. We’re still tired from that trip to the zoo, but thankfully Mathew has today off, so we are going to just have a good time relaxing.
Makeup: Foundation- Benefit Big Easy in Fair, Concealer- Tarte CC Undereye Collector in Light-Medium, Brows- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe, Eyeshadow- Naked on the Run, Eyeliner- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, Mascara- Benefit They’re Real, Blush-Urban Decay Naked Flushed, Highlighter- Benefit Sunbeam ( I also love these!), Lipstick- MAC Vegas Volt, Lipgloss- MAC Jingle Jangle Dazzleglass
Remember: The goal of Mom Hair Monday? To give you a cute, functional hairstyle that will take you from drab to fab in 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all we have, right moms? I’ll be showing you my tried and true hairstyles that are no fuss but look like you put in a ton of effort. The fourth installment of Mom Hair Monday starts NOW and is the bubble ponytail.
What will you need for the Bubble Ponytail?
Here’s how to do it:
1. Roll out of bed with your messy bed head. The beauty of this ponytail is that it isn’t perfect and really needs that messy bed head to give it some oomph. If you are the complete opposite of me and have volume issues, spray some dry shampoo (I love Batiste) and tease your hair a bit at the crown and nape. Don’t over-tease though! You don’t want it to look frizzy! If you’re a shower-in-the-morning kinda gal, wash, blow dry, and add that dry shampoo so your bubble ponytail will last all day.
2. Brush the back section and put into a loose, high ponytail. I flipped my head upside down to do this, but that’s totally up to you. Secure with your hair elastic.
3. Take a small section of your ponytail and separate it. Wrap it around your ponytail holder to conceal it and secure with a bobby pin or two on the underside of the ponytail.
4. Using your 3 clear elastics, secure your hair as seen in the picture. You’ll want each of them evenly spaced out.
5. Using your fingers, pull apart each section slightly to give it a “bubble” look. This is the key to getting your bubble ponytail to look perfect!
6. You’re all done and ready to head to work, play dates, or go run errands! For an extra little oomph, pull out little wisps of hair in the front.