Summer is coming to an end and I’m sad about it. I’ve been working on my classroom since July instead of working on my tan at the pool, and I’m already trying hard to keep my post-summer glow since my summer technically ended yesterday.
I thought y’all might be interested in the products I am using to keep my post-summer glow, and later this week I’ll be posting a photo tutorial of what I look like before and after!
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer– $36- With the 100+ degree weather here in Texas, foundation can either sweat off or melt off. Smashbox is my savior for this. It’s a pretty steep price for such a small bottle, but you barely need a whole pump for your entire face. Trust me, it’s worth it.
2. Garnier BB Cream– $10- I love this BB Cream because it gives me a bit of sheen without making me look shiny. It seems to have pigments that just reflect the light well and don’t make me look like a ghost like foundation can sometimes do.
3. Sun Beam by Benefit– $26- Sun Beam is perfect for bringing a glow to your face. I use mine under my brows as a highlighter, but I’ve been told that you can use it on your cheekbones, mixed with foundation, or anywhere else you want a little summer pick me up.
4. Radiant Cosmetics Brow Duo– $16- I can’t live without this stuff. It’s amazing. I use a flat brush to fill in my brows (I mix both colors at once) and you’d be amazed at the difference between unfilled brows and filled brows. They can make a world of a difference to your face!
5. They’re Real! Mascara– $23- I used to be a fan of MAC’s Haute and Naughty but I’ve been known to wipe my eyes a lot during the day from itchy allergies or contacts. It always flaked on me and although I love how it made my lashes look, I hated the flake. I looked for something better and got a sample of They’re Real and LOVE it.
6. Watts Up!– $30- Another highlighter. I feel like highlighters can just make you look happier and brighter. I use Watts Up down the center of my nose, inner corners of my eyes, and above my cheeks (in that little C area). I use both this and the Sun Beam because they’re 2 different colors of highlighters.
7. MAC Fluidline– $16- Ever since I went to the MAC in Northpark I’ve never looked back when it has come to eyeliner. You have to use a very, very thin brush to apply it, but the results look amazing. You can’t get this good of a line with a pencil, that’s for sure.