We’re making the most of this week as much as we can. Mathew is off work this entire week until he starts his new job on Monday, and I am trying to make simple, easy meals that taste yummy instead of my elaborate meals that may take an hour to make (I can’t help it- I love to cook). I really want to spend as much time with him as possible, and truly enjoy our alone time as a family. We were able to have an amazing weekend and I am trying to keep that momentum going by not wasting our time together. The Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Bites are SO easy and delicious, and the best part? They hardly took any time to make. Also…we may have devoured them. Ha!
Now although these are called “bites” I promise you- this is enough to feed 2 adults and a kiddo with leftovers. The crescent rolls are big and fluffy, and filled with pepperoni and cheese- you just can’t go wrong. I think even Addie wanted one! I usually HATE turning my oven on in the summertime, but since these only took 10-15 minutes in the oven, my house never got hot. You better believe I’m not turning my oven on in the summer unless it’s a recipe that’s worth it!
We are pepperoni and cheese fans in our house, but you could ALWAYS substitute for your favorite pizza toppings. Love sausage? Go for it! Fan of mushrooms and olives? Why not!? The possibilities are endless and I’d love to see y’all customize these the way YOU like them. In our house, you just can’t go wrong with classic pepperoni and cheese.
Make sure when you make these that you line your baking sheets with either aluminum foil or silpat mat. The rolls have a little tendency (because of all the gooey cheese) to stick, so you definitely don’t want them ruined! I also used a fish spatula to remove these from my baking sheet because of that cheese making them stick a little. I like the fish spatula because it’s thin enough to get under the bites without tearing them, but sturdy enough to pull them off the sheet. As long as you carefully take them off, you’ll have no problem!
If you’re looking for a back-to-school meal that’s different than the typical sandwich for lunch, these pepperoni and cheese pizza crescent bites are awesome to pack in a lunch box. As a former teacher, I always wanted to take different meals for myself each day that weren’t boring, but I also wanted to see my students enjoy their lunches too. This meal is definitely affordable and you could pop them out of the oven and place them in the freezer. Throw it in your kiddo’s lunch box and I promise all the other kids will want to have their lunch.
I also put our left over pepperoni and cheese crescent bites in the fridge- perfect for breakfast the next morning. If you’re anything like me, you LOVE cold pizza in the morning. We had a lot of bites left so I put them in little sandwich bags with two in each bag so we could grab them and go for breakfast on days that Addie has doctor appointments this week. Of course, you could always warm them up in the microwave for lunches.
- 2 baking sheet trays lined with aluminum foil or silicone mat
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- 1 bag of mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag of Hormel pepperoni slices
- Line your baking sheet trays lined with aluminum foil or a silicone mat.
- Heat oven to 375 and pull apart the crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Place a teaspoon of pizza sauce on the wider part of the triangle along with a heaping teaspoon of cheese and 3 pepperoni slices.
- Roll your dough from the widest part of the triangle to the smallest. Place rolls point side down onto your baking sheet tray.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes- until pepperoni and cheese crescent bites are golden brown on the outside.
- Use a spatula to remove the pepperoni and cheese crescent bites onto plates.
- Serve with leftover pizza sauce and cheese for extra deliciousness!