Welcome to our OMG 20th week of Happies and Crappies link up day! We wouldn’t have been around for so long if it wasn’t for you awesome ladies linking up, so we really appreciate you!
1. Happies and Crappies link up will be posted EVERY Friday at Midnight CST . Happies and Crappies link up was created so you could write about the happies (good) and crappies (bad) from your week! 2. We’d like for you to put our button on your post for the link up. 3. Please follow your hosts. We won’t make it mandatory, but we appreciate the love 4. If you tweet about your post, feel free to tag myself, Sarah, and use the hashtag #HappiesandCrappies
1. I am AMAZED that H&C has been around for TWENTY weeks! I feel like we barely just started it! How have 20 weeks gone so quickly?! Anyway, to commemorate this, Sarah and I are giving away Essie nail polish to TWO lucky people that link up with us this week! You can link up any time from now until Monday at midnight so get on it! (Details are below!)
2. Mathew had a HUGE test at work this week and we had to travel to Round Rock for him to take it. He’s been studying and praying about it for months and I am happy to say that HE PASSED! He got a promotion at work because he passed the test AND got a hefty little raise. Y’all know it’s been hard on us with one income right now, so this is so helpful. 3. Since I went with Mathew to Round Rock to support him, I asked Jenn from Perfectly Imperfect if she was free to have breakfast. We ended up going to Cracker Barrel, chatted for almost 3 hours at our table, and then went to Ikea for another hour. That girl seriously is a BLAST.
4. I got my ring cleaned and re-plated at the jeweler yesterday. My finger had broken out last week with a rash from the nickel that is mixed with the white gold, and now that it is re-plated I’m a happy camper. I haven’t seen my ring sparkle this much in a while!
5. I won a Blissdom prize pack from One2One Network with TONS of Blissdom goodies. I was kinda upset with myself at Blissdom because I didn’t bring too much money for “extras” and so I passed on the Blissdom shirt and mug that were for sale.I also was planning on purchasing a Blissdom necklace from Lisa Leonard on the last day, but when I’d left Lisa’s session, Handmade Market was closed.Lisa was SO sweet and offered to send me one free, but I didn’t want to take advantage of her kindness.
Luckily, One2One Network contacted me and told me I’d won one of the prize packs for linking up with them for my recap posts, and I got all these goodies!
6. Mathew and I went on a nice date the other night. We went and grabbed some dinner at Rudy’s, went out to the suspension bridge downtown (where we walked, talked, and watched ducks), and got some frozen custard. I love when we make official “dates” like this. I think all marriages need date nights every once in a while. Not “hey we’re going to dinner” nights, but like legit, actual dates where you are being meaningful about it. Trust me, it will do you good! 7. My friend Hollie (y’all remember her from graduation, right?) and her son, Kyle, came over the other day and went swimming at our place. It was a good excuse to see her and have some fun. I hate that I don’t get to see her every day like I did for almost 2 years for school. I’m REALLY hoping she gets the job with Hillsboro with me. We’d be unstoppable together.
1. I’ve been lazy and have been letting dishes pile up in my dishwasher and sink. I hate washing dishes so I wait for the dishwasher, but then I don’t like unloading the dishwasher! It’s a conundrum and unfortunately has made me sink look really messy. Oops. Please tell me I’m not alone?
Now it’s YOUR turn to link up for Happies and Crappies!