1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
I actually started using My Fitness pal a little before the New Year. It’s been hard to start back on because I’ve pretty much been living out of a suitcase since New Year with student teaching conferences and teaching certification tests. I’m jumping back on it though today in full force, so I’m excited.
2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the Holidays?
I’m definitely a fan of squats and lunges. My legs are definitely my “problem area” but I noticed that I always feel better about myself when I do squats and lunges. Front lunges, side lunges…just do lunges!
3. Favorite thing you did over the Holidays?
Y’all know I love skiing. Our ski trip was so wonderful. It was perfectly white and snowy. Plus, my entire family got to go. Other than Mathew getting hurt- it was a great trip.
4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2013 that you did not in 2012?
I really want to lose the rest of this weight. This semester is going to be absolutely exhausting with student teaching. They keep telling us that we’ll be so tired that when we get home at 4 pm we’ll fall asleep on the couch and won’t wake up til 2 am. Nevertheless, I want to make time for working out more of a priority.
5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why.
– I will graduate in May. I’ve worked hard for my degree and it’s taken me a long time to get it. No, I’m not a crappy student or anything, but I just never knew what I truly wanted to do in life until a little before I met Mathew.
– I could possibly become a teacher this year. With my own classroom. WOW.
– We’re going to start to think about kids. This won’t be until at LEAST Fall, but it’s an exciting/scary thought.