This past week has been an absolute crazy one. We had Addie’s birthday party over the weekend and it was INSANE (in a good way!) We are still absolutely exhausted from it, but it was such a wonderful day, and I’m proud of myself for not freaking out over everything like I usually would. Yesterday, after a glorious nap, I wanted a no-fuss updo for my hair that was functional yet cute, and so I came up with this braided bun. It’s SO easy to do and will take you 5 minutes or less. Out of all the hairstyles so far, this one is the easiest. Great for home, work, happy hour- you name it- it’s perfect.
Makeup: Foundation- Benefit Big Easy in Fair, Concealer- Tarte CC Undereye Collector in Light-Medium, Brows- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe, Eyeshadow- Naked on the Run, Eyeliner- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, Mascara- Benefit Rollerlash, Blush-Urban Decay Naked Flushed, Highlighter- Benefit Sunbeam, Lipstick- MAC Speaklouder
Remember: The goal of Mom Hair Monday? To give you a cute, functional hairstyle that will take you from drab to fab in 5 minutes. 5 minutes is all we have, right moms? I’ll be showing you my tried and true hairstyles that are no fuss but look like you put in a ton of effort. The third installment of Mom Hair Monday starts NOW and is the braided bun.
What will you need for the Braided Bun?
Here’s how to do it:
1. Part your hair to the side. Afterward, divide your hair into 3 sections- a back, and two sides. The sides will be parted behind the ear.
2. Brush the back section and put into a tight, low ponytail. Secure with your hair elastic.
3. Split your ponytail in half by parting your hair above the elastic to create a hole. Grab the ends of your ponytail and pull the ponytail straight up and feed it through the hole. This makes the topsy-turvy ponytail from the 90s that I’m sure you fondly remember.
4. Depending on the length of your hair, you’ll need to repeat this several times. Then, pin it in place with a few bobby pins (inside the bun).
5. Take each side section and braid your hair with a traditional 3 strand braid. Secure them with your clear elastics.
6. Take the braids and one by one and take it over the bun and then under the bun. Pin each in place.
So there you have it- the Braided Bun tutorial. I promise you’ll be able to do this on your first try AND you’ll want to do the Braided Bun more often and it’ll be easy enough for you to do in 5 minutes (or less). Let me know if you try it, and make sure to come back next Monday for another Mom Hair Monday hairstyle!